Thursday 10 November 2011

New year, new school, NO patience!

So, I’ve started teaching at a different school, one closer to my house. The new school is big change from what I was used to in Guadarrama (school from last year). The school in Guadarrama is what in the US we would call Elementary and Middle School. I miss my little kids who loved to play games and sing songs about English and color pictures... The ones who would give me a hug every time I walked into class... The ones that would ask if they could give me a kiss on the cheek at the end of the week... You get the picture, I miss my little babies.
Changing schools was something I couldn’t avoid as the program that I currently work for only allows you to do this job for two years. In September of every year, there are people that don’t show up in Spain to do the job, so they have openings. This is where I come in :o). Since I have a work and residency visa, the Communidad de Madrid (the people I work for) have little to no paperwork for me to do this job. So I walk in, say hi, and they give me the school that the other person (the one that didn’t show up) was assigned to. This is how I am able to do this job for a third year.
The problem this year, is that they have placed me in a High School!.. thats right... ahhhh.... the dreaded teenagers! This is a HUGE change from what I’m used to. The plus side to this is that I’m able to work in classes other than English and Science (like the last two years). This year I’m actually working in Music classes, Physical Education, Art, Technology, and Science. This would seem to be a GREAT change, except the part where I have to work with teenagers. I’ll keep you up to date on anything interesting that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment