Thursday 10 November 2011

Orchestral Adventures

I’m sure you remember my post about the horrible orchestra that my friend Linnea and I played in. Well, as you remember I’m sure, she left me to play for a much much better orchestra... Funny how things can turn for the better. They’re going to allow me to play for them as well! Starting this month I will now be playing with an orchestra that’s actually good! They’re three bassoonist so we have to swap out on some pieces, but hey, at least it’s something! We have three concerts between now and January. The first being on Nov. 25th, second on Dec.2 and the third on Dec. 16th. The last two concerts are going to be quite interesting.. The first concert in Dec. they are going to video some of the performance to use for commercials that will advertise our second concert in December. On the 16th, the TV channel here in Madrid called “Telemadrid” is going to record the concert to be shown on TV here in Spain!!.. I’ll be playing Dvorak’s Symphony No.9 (New world). I’m super excited!!

I’ll be heading back to the US after my second concert in December. I’m hoping I’ll be back in NC on the 17th or 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment